Saturday, June 20, 2020

A Nostalgic Environment

Since leaving our home State of Ohio in 1976, my wife and I have lived in North Carolina, West Virginia, Arkansas, Missouri and Colorado.  All of those locations, with the exception of the latter, share a similar natural environment, typical of the Eastern U.S.

While sunny skies, dry air and a semi-arid ecosystem characterize the Front Range, our other home towns offered lush greenery, a product of humid air, rich soil and regular precipitation.  Coexisting with that greenery was a larger variety of songbirds, amphibians, insects and plant life not to mention the fragrant, soothing air.

Though I have come to prefer the Front Range climate, I do appreciate the diversity of my old haunts and enjoy visiting them when I can.  After all, they take me back to the nature of my youth when I first explored the "wilderness" beyond my own backyard.  See Wonderland.