Sunday, August 2, 2026

Take your Average American

As this country struggles through the reign of King Trump, there is a great deal of discussion regarding who might return America to her previous glory, imperfect though it was.  I would suggest the average American will do.

Qualifications would include kindness, empathy, average intelligence, a sense of fairness and a willingness to consider varied points of view in a respectful manner.  A middle-aged individual (for the purposes of experience) would be best, as long as they have no history of political activity.  One would hope that such an individual would appoint Cabinet Members who are highly qualified in their area of service and would insure that both the Department of Justice and the Federal Reserve are completely independent of the Executive Branch.

Perhaps this solution seems a bit too simplistic for many but we do not need another political-minded leader who seeks to control corporations, universities and law firms and whose focus is on their personal power and enrichment.  I would volunteer but I'm too old.