Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Bad Luck, Nothing More

Those who follow this Blog have surely guessed by now that my wife and I failed to see the Aurora borealis.  After all, I would have crowed about the experience and posted colorful photos of the spectacle. But why were we unsuccessful?

Some might mention fate.  Others might declare that it was God's will.  Still others, especially regular patrons of the Blog, might wonder if it was divine retribution for my frequent rants about mysticism.  But it was just bad luck, nothing more.  We were at the right place at the wrong time.

We are certainly disappointed but life is too short to dwell on missed opportunities.  Perhaps we will try again if we have the chance.  Then again, I might die before seeing the Northern Lights but I can live with that.