Saturday, September 24, 2022

A Walk through Campus

On this glorious autumn morning, I decided to take a walk through the Mizzou campus, only a block from our house.  Since I had spent a good portion of my career on that campus, I did not need a map.  Indeed, sightseeing was not my goal.

At my age, most humans focus primarily on the past and a good dose of the future can be therapeutic.  This morning, I encountered students who were exercising or lounging on benches but most were scurrying about, musical instruments, backpacks or various bags in their possession.  It was a scene of energy, optimism and adventure.

As for myself, I enjoyed the fresh air and morning sunshine while hoping to absorb some of the energy as well.  I could not escape the fact that we are turning over our damaged planet to these young adults and I was reassured by what I saw.